Over several years, since 1934, NII #3 worked on arming tanks with rockets. Despite several advantages of this type of armament, no real success was achieved, all work was limited to experimental projects and blueprints.
The main advantages of rocket artillery are:
- Simplicity of use and production, both of the shell and weapon.
- Low weight of the system.
- Negligible cost of the launcher.
- Lack of recoil or any other forces that happen as a result of using conventional artillery.
- Rocket type: RS-132
- Caliber: 132 mm
- Rocket length: 1300 mm
- Explosive filler: 5 kg
- Number of shells: 12
- Total explosive: 60 kg
- Length of the system: 3000 mm
- Weight of the system: 1500 kg